Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sistership Magazine

For any of you that might not know, there is an amazing new publication constructed largely for sailing women called Sistership Magazine. I've been writing a couple things for them and I wanted to draw attention to the publication in case any of you weren't aware of it. Here is a link to a free issue of it from November so that you can try before you buy. It's well worth the money, though, for a subscription.


The article that I wrote for them most recently was called The Challenge of Healthy Cruising, published in the June 2019 issue. It's a topic that became near and dear to my heart after we returned to land temporarily to build up the cruising kitty. I'd gained a lot of weight because it turns out that you spend way more time sitting while cruising than you do moving around (who knew?) 

I also entered one of their writing contests on the topic of "Changing Places" and just recently was notified that I won second place in the contest for my entry "The Sojourn." It was a story about the difficulty of returning to land after cruising almost six years. They publish anthologies of all of the best entries in each of their contests, and mine will be published in that anthology soon.


So if you're looking for a really high quality publication that deals with serious issues for women sailors and champions some pretty impressive women, give the free issue a try and support Sistership with a subscription.

No comments: