- Boat Maintenance: Parts - Major parts like pumps, lights, fan belts, etc.
- Boat Maintenance: Misc Supplies - Things like oil, hardware, paper towels, paint brushes, tape, tie wraps, etc.
- Boat Maintenance: Bottom Cleaning - This is only when we pay someone to do it, which we do here in Florida monthly. We usually pay for a few months in advance.
- Boat Maintenance: Service - This is when we have someone else do work for us which is almost never. An example would be sending our compass to be rebuilt.
- Boat Maintenance:Tools - Self explanatory
- Dining Out - Includes even things like coffee at the gas station.
- Entertainment - Includes any Kindle book purchase, magazine subscriptions, movies, etc.
- Food - Includes only grocery store food that I prepare myself as well as supplies like laundry soap, tissues, health and beauty aids like shampoo, etc.
- Gifts Given - Includes small gifts we send to our grandkids from time to time.
- Land Travel - Any expense related to renting a car, gasoline, motels, air plane tickets, etc.
- Misc supplies - Includes pretty much anything you would go to Wal-mart for. For us it includes things like bicyle innertubes, cleaning supplies, etc. although some of that is rolled into the food category just because I don't want to take the time to separate it out on the receipts.
- Navigation - Includes subcriptions to Navionics and the DeLorme inReach.
- Phones - Our cell phone bill for two phones and all the data we use.
- Health Insurance - We carry a low premium, high deductible plan.
- Clothing - Self explanatory
- Laundry - One category we grossly underestimated when we planned.
- Medical - Again, we have a low premium, high deductible plan. This includes dental.
- Memberships - This includes things like our Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club dues as well as our Boat U.S. membership.
- Bank Fees - This includes ATM charges as well as any other fees to do business out of the country.
- Legal - This includes things like renewing our Coast Guard documentation or our Customs sticker.
- Propane - We only get this about every other month or so.
- Diesel and Gasoline - We used to separate these but it's just too much trouble since they're always on one receipt together.
- Mooring - Fees for mooring balls
- Dockage - Self explanatory
|Cruising Expenses September 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$45.94|
|Cruising Expenses August 2016|
|Boat Maint:Bottom Cleaning||-$234.84|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$58.28|
|Cruising Expenses July 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$155.15|
|Cruising Expenses June 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$188.33|
|Cruising Expenses May 2016|
|Cruising:Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$444.05|
|Cruising Expenses April 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-33.94|
|Diesel & Gasoline||-81.26|
|Cruising Expenses March 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$37.43|
|Diesel & Gasoline||-$99.64|
|Cruising Expenses February 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$66.29|
|Diesel & Gasoline||-$99.88|
|Cruising Expenses January 2016|
|Boat Maint:Misc Supplies||-$153.11|
|Diesel & Gasoline||-$38.43|