Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ripped

No, I don't drink that much, though I am enjoying a Gin & Tonic now that the work is done. And no, I don't spend that much time in the gym either. High temps and low winds are in the weekend outlook yet again, a forecast that calls for the drifter. Without it little Nomad would struggle to find enough traction to get going. But remember the stumble last weekend? Well, here it is. (Good deck monkeys are so hard to find...)


We dug out the Sailrite machine and then went to their web sight for some hints on how to fix a drifter. They had a short but excellent video that pointed us in the right direction so off we went.



I would love to take credit for the stitching in that light fabric, but alas, my skill level was not up to the challenge. After pretty much trashing the first patch I climbed out of the driver's seat. It took a while for Deb to find settings on the machine that worked, but when she did things went along rather nicely. I took the supporting role of cutting patches (hot knife, that is the answer) and helping control what seemed like square miles of fabric.





2 comments:

S/V Veranda said...

I'm only so-so at sewing, you sew so much better. Nice job.

TJ said...

Thanks. We were pretty pleased that you can't really tell the factory stitches from our "after-market" work.