Friday, July 25, 2014

#43

Almost eight years ago I hung over the railing in our condo stairway and said to Tim, "What would you think about retiring onto a boat?" I had been researching ways to retire that we would be able to afford and, being both employed in the aviation industry, retiring at all was a stretch. I believe his answer as he looked up from his motorcycle magazine was "Okaaaaay?"

Today is Tim's birthday. It's the 43rd one that we've spent together. Some have been happy, some long, some even forgotten, but this one is the best yet because I get to celebrate this man who has always supported me in whatever my venture, who dropped everything he ever knew to follow me in my dream, who has stuck with me this last year even though a good bit of it has been some of the most difficult stuff we've ever tackled. It might be his birthday, but he's the best present I've ever gotten.

Happy Birthday, Love




 








6 comments:

Sheri said...

Happy birthday brother,,,

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Tim!! Enjoy your special day :)

Rharriscpa said...

Happy Birthday Tim. Nice tribute.

Matt Mc. said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Uncle Tim!!

TJ said...

Deb always makes me look good ...

Jeffrey Michals-Brown said...

Happy to hear it was Deb's idea. With sailing couples it usually seems to be the other way around.