Monday, November 15, 2010

I hate winter

For the past 2 years we've spent almost the entire winter sick.  It started with the boat show in October and we passed one flu and cold after another around for the whole season.  This year I thought I might prevail - trip to the boat show and no flu, but I neglected to remember that I now have a granddaughter in day care...she got it first, then her mom, then Tim.  Still, I managed to escape it somehow.  Everyone else was getting it within 24 hours of exposure (this is a raging, nasty bug), but Tim had suffered all the weekend before and I still didn't have it.  Alas, Sunday morning rolls around and I'm down for the count.  Fortunately this is a pretty quick bug - the really nasty symptoms, which I won't gross you out with, pass (pun intended) within 24 hours, but then you're left incredibly weak after losing about 8# in 24 hours, and no appetite to replenish with for a week.  Hell of a diet...

2 comments:

S/V Veranda said...

There's no illness below 25 degrees north latitude....just sayin'

TJ said...

...save us a spot, we're working on it!