Saturday, January 23, 2010

Plans are just...plans

The plan was to be posting from Nomad, even if it meant sitting on the hard and wrapped in layers to try and stay warm. Alas, I am warm and dry, sitting in the Central West end, my butt getting sore from sitting in this chair. Right now a "good" morning is defined as one where I don't feel any worse when I wake up than I did when I went to bed. This is proving to be one of the longest winters I can remember.

A good thing is that we have been kind of slow at work. I have been able to dog it a bit, not pushing too hard and maybe making a little ground on this thing. But next week is back at it, starting with a 3 day trip to FL. (Yeah! Sunshine! Warm Temps! Boats!) Come the weekend Deb and I head to Chicago for the boat show. We are going to take a train, stay within walking distance of the exhibition hall, and do our best to have some fun. (I think being around boats will cure us both!)

Feeling good or no it will be good to be back in motion. This enforced rest, (even to the point of being all day in a single room) would seem a non-issue for someone who wants to spend weeks on a single boat. Even the biggest boat we can imagine buying would not fill our back yard, the main cabin area much smaller than the living room I currently occupy.

Of course the living room doesn't move...

2 comments:

Leona Ann said...

I just started a blog myself and stumbled across yours. My partner and I are still 20 years away from retirement, but this is what we talk about when we dream. I am so excited for you both. Please excuse the fromage... I'm just wooed! Hope you don't mind me 'following' your adventure through your blogs.

TJ said...

Not at all. Welcome aboard!