Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year

So 2010 finally arrived. When this last trip to visit family ends on Monday we will start settling into the winter routine. "What," one might ask "is the winter routine?" Mostly it consists of waiting for spring and the new sailing season it will bring.

I do hope to start making it out to Nomad starting this next week. A couple of big projects loom before she splashes so there is probably some "working in the cold" lurking in my future. This is the first winter we have owned Nomad that she has been out of the water, so this is the first winter I will be working on the boat on the hard. I can't say I am looking forward to the prospect with a lot of enthusiasm. Still, cold or no I'll be working on a boat, our boat, so how bad can that be?

Of course some might wonder something similar about this next near...how bad can it be? A fair question given the one that just past, and the couple that passed before it. A lot of people have had a pretty rough go. But on the other hand, maybe it can't get much worse? Either way Deb and I will work toward this being a year that gets us 12 months closer to living on a boat.

No comments: